so it turns out,
you know how sometimes when you’re sitting alone,
you start entertaining the possibility that perhaps this moment was the start of your existence,
that you live in an isolated universe
and all your memories exist as dark ghostly threads in the infinite cosmic ocean?
well it turns out,
i just looked this up,
you’re not exactly wrong this time.
The American Dream. Live in the suburbs. White picket fence. Never feel the need to lock your doors. See fear in the eyes of a holy man. Listen to music that fills you. Develop a hobby. Ponder the probable non-existence of an objective moral dichotomy. Allow the outcomes of sporting events to heavily influence your mood. Move past the unfairly traumatic hazing you experienced in college. Feel secure in your employment, and satisfied by what you do. Place unthinking faith in a religion so warped and hampered in its relentless pursuit of new followers that it forcibly assimilated the date systems and religious iconography of multiple unrelated celtic and pagan religions in order to reach a wider audience. Buy a pet from a healthy organization. Watch from your couch as the world’s violent reaction to the announcement of its gradual but assured destruction from within gives way to sedated acceptance. Subconsciously allow your perception of reality to be warped by a dream you had about a movie you watched. Watch your children grow up. Miss the old days. Read a news report about the creation of another DMZ in some distant country. Experience anger for the last time. Step outside, greeted by the cityscape that has come to dominate the skyline over the past fifty years. Feel the wet grass on your bare feet.
heres a thing i like about sports„, that one low pitched sound that starts to reverberate in your head and slowly becomes louder over time?
during the awkward bit when every player is bent over and the camera keeps zooming in on their butts?
that tone that fills your head and hurts but you can’t help but focus on it?
and you feel pain in your head like nothing else you’ve ever experienced but you somehow feel utterly fulfilled??
and you know if you were to stop watching the spandex or change the channel then the tone would leave and you feel more alone than you ever have felt before???
let’s all take a blaaaast into the past
a BEACH BLAST
surf the web!
i hope you’ll join me next time
(from Sep 10, 2008)
IDEA FOR BLOOD DIAMOND GAME I MADE FOR CLASS
Your name is Danny Archer.
A Rhodesian mercenary with no home and with only one ambition, wealth!
Battle hardened from many wars around the African continent you do
many missions for diamonds.
After being busted by border security for smuggling diamonds. Your boss Col. Coetzee “Kootz” is not please with you mess up and the fact that you owe him money.
Fate has it that you stumble accross a fisherman with a story claiming to have hidden a “pinker” pink diamond.
You set off together with an uneasy relationship and distrust
but with the surrounding environment are forced to work together to accomplish both persons goals. (Solomon to find his pressganged son, Danny to find the diamond to pay off his debt and set him free).
(from June 22, 2009)
when i went on a boat,
i saw real elephants
this is a real elephant
this is an elephant hey wait where did his head go
oh noooooo where did his head go
it fell down on the ground help
please help me
elephant i’m so sorry
it’s going to be okay
(from Feb 16, 2009)
i wanted to write sometthing that you all could read about while i was gone for the weekend
so here’s an entry about shapes
there are lots of kinds of shapes
this is one of the most basic shapes
my favorite though is this one:
its so cool
this is my friend dan jackson he found a circle
he was worried it might not be a circle
but it was
(from June 12, 2009)
100 Truths with Mickey the Nose
i’m hanging out with mickey the nose today
and i think it would be fun to transcribe his answers to a little survey i found
1. Last beverage → Yeah i just got done sharin’ a cold one wit da boys up inna bar what widda big screen
2. Last phone call → i got a call from da boss tellin me i’s should come by and have a little talk witcha
3. Last text message → nah, cell phones’too traceable if ya ask me
4. Last song you listened to → Not much of a music guy, myself
5. Last time you cried→ I cry like a little baby atta enda da Godfather every damn time, dunno why i’m tellin’ you, though
SIX HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dropped your phone in the toilet → That would imply a certain lack of coordination on my part, wouldn’t it?
7. Depended on someone → Widout my boys, I’m tellin’ ya, I wouldn’t be here today.
8. Dated someone twice → Mickey ain’t no two-timin’ scumbag
9. Been cheated on → Look, ain’t no dames dumb enough to turn on da nose, ya hear me?
10. Kissed someone & regretted it → Mickey ain’t a regrettin’ sorta guy
11. Lost someone special → Some parts of my life are private, you best look after yourself that you don’t go treadin’ where you might, you know, have an accident
12. Felt depressed → We all get a little down sometimes, ya know? It’s part’a, whaddya call it, da human condition
13. Been dumped → Like I’ve been tryin’a tell ya, Mickey ain’t some get loved den get left sorta guy- Mickey don’t wanna see a girl no more, MICKEY’s gonna tell ‘em
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS:
14. I ain’t too into colors, them’s fa da dames
15. Come to think of it, my sport coat’s a nice shade’a brown
16. My piece’s got a nice silver shine to it too, see?
17. Look, I’m done answerin’ ya little questions, da boss wanted I should send you’s a message, and I can’t sit around here all day indulging your every whim, you hear me?
THIS YEAR HAVE YOU:
18. Made new friends → You bet, but somehow I don’t think I’ll be put into any address books today.
19. Fallen out of love → You insulted me, you insulted da boss, but most importantly, you insulted da family, and now you’se gotta pay
20. Laughed until you cried → I hope you’s got your affairs in order, pal
21. Met someone who changed you → Cuz you ain’t goin’ nowhere
22. Found out who your true friends were → Ya know, if you’d figured out who YOUR true friends were, you wouldn’t be in this little predicament
23. Found out someone was talking about you → Say goodnight, buster
24. Kissed anyone on your friend’s list →
25. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life →
27. Do you have any pets →
28. Do you want to change your name →
29. What did you do for your last birthday →
30. What time did you wake up today →
31. What were you doing at midnight last night →
32. Name something you CAN NOT wait for →
33. Last time you saw your father →
34. What is one thing you would change about you →
35. What are you listening to right now →
36. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom
37. What’s getting on your nerves right now →
38. Most visited web page →
39. What’s your real name?
42. Zodiac sign →
43. Male or female or transgendered →
44. Favorite song —-
45. Best friends—-
46. School →
47. Hair color →
48. Long or short →
49. Height →
50. Do you have a crush on someone →
52: What do you like about yourself →
53. Piercings →
54. Skipped Class →
55. Righty or lefty →
56. First Home →
57. First piercing →
58. First best friends →
59. First sport you joined →
60. First pet →
61. First vacation →
62. First concert →
63. First Hospital visit→
64. Eating →
65. Drinking →
66. im about to→
67. Listening to →
68. Waiting for →
YOUR FUTURE :
69. Want kids →
70. Want to get married →
71. Careers in mind →
WHICH IS BETTER? :
72. Lips or eyes →
73. Hugs or kisses →
74. Shorter or taller →
75. Older or Younger →
76. Romantic or spontaneous →
77. Nice stomach or nice arms →
78. Sensitive or loud →
79. Hook-up or relationship →
80. Trouble maker or hesitant →
HAVE YOU EVER :
82. Dined & Dashed →
83. Lost glasses/contacts →
84. Sex on first date →
85. Broken someone’s heart →
86. Had your own heart broken →
87. Been arrested →
88. Turned someone down →
89. Cried when someone died →
90. Hit an animal on the road →
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
91. Yourself →
92. Miracles →
93. Love at first sight →
94. Heaven →
95. Santa Claus →
96. Kiss on the first date →
97. Angels →
98. Is there one person you want to be with right now at this moment →
99. Ever been so angry you could cry →
100. Posting this as 100 Truths →
(from June 2, 2009)